Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Sorrow We Feel

I was inspired. I wrote a poem for the tragic events that have come about. Since Monday, I haven't really been able to put into words how I really feel about everything. Most of you know I am a creative writer. Poems are one of my specialty. But I actually could not write until tonight. This usually happens when something happens in my family (which it did) or something happened in America (which it did.) Tonight, I present this poem for all to read. It is called The Sorrow We Feel.

I see my mother crying still
Over what she saw on the news
My Empathy kicks in and I truly feel
Her pain when we watched the story grew

Sadness and sorrow are an understatement
To how I really feel inside
I try to understand where the story went
And all I want to do is run and hide

My head fills with fears and worry
Is my school really safe?
Or is it prepared poorly
What of this can I make?

I watched in sadness as the news continues
Everyone crying and sad
I look up at the sky and call on my Muse
To ask Him to return the world from bad

Situations like this arise with warning
People panicking and I just wonder
Would we be okay in the morning?
Or suffer yet another blunder.

My mind runs in a complete circle
Never wanting to stop
It runs around like a fierce bull
Not even stopping at the top.

"Why is this happened? Why me? Why me?"
We always ask this question
But most people just don't see
God is sending us a message

We can't stop the pain
The Sorrow We feel is very real
We look at this all in vein
But we will eventually heal

Keep your Faith
Never give up
You know you're safe
If you never stop

And those who choose to blame God
Think about what you're saying
You put yourself in a fog
Which will lift if we all keep praying

I know the pain those parents feels
Crying for thier babies who unfortunately did die
One day, the pain will heal
Until then, may your crying eyes dry.

God bless you all. My heart goes out to the parents who lost their children. I pray you find peace and healing.

No comments: