Friday, March 2, 2007

Bad hair day!

I'm doing something wonderful with my hair. I'm involved in what is called the Beautiful Links campaign. It is headed by Barbie Bassett and Stephanie Bell-Flynt, both at WLBT. What is involved is growing your hair for cancer patients or survivors. Mine is now past my shoulders and MAN is it unmanagable. I've gotten to where I can only leave it down and straight or pull it up in a high pony tail. I can't put it in a low pony tail because knots will mysteriously appear out of no where. Leaving it down is okay but depending on how high the humidity is will say whether I keep it down or pull it up.

Some days, my hair just will not cooperate and I just want to take the nearest pair is scissors and just snip snip snip until it's short back to the way I'm use to. But when I start thinking about that, I think about those cancer patients who don't have the hair that I do. Here I am wishing I could just cut it all off and those women are wishing they had a real wig of hair. That's what keeps me going. I can't wait until May. Not just because I can finally cut it off but because I know the look on those womens faces will be well worth the hassle of attempting to fix this mess every day.

No comments: