Friday, March 2, 2007

Something interesting.

So, remember yesterday when I told you guys the story of my bird who may have come back? Well, I woke up this morning and another thought came into my mind about a ghost. Well, he wasn't really a ghost but, to my mom, he was kind of a Guardian Angel. His name was Dwight Cranford. If you guys remember, he was the UPS man who was struck by a car on 49 south. It was the day it was raining and all that stuff.

Anyway, the following Saturday, my parents and I were at home getting ready to take all the food for the family up to our church for the service. It started out small. The calendar in my room fell to the ground. Now, he died either in November or December. Or it could have been October. Anywho, my calendar read one of the later months. At first, I thought it was just the fact that so many pages were pushed back and the only thing holding it was a thumb tack. But something puzzled me. The calendar never fell before. Not even with my other calendar's. It was a little freaky for me but I brushed it off as the calendar being too heavy for the thumb tack itself.

I thought that would be all the fun but when my dad left to go to the store, it was just my mother and I. She and I were in the kitchen making sandwiches and stuff. And this we actually witnessed. There is a picture of my brother and I when we were kids. (He was 5 and I was 1.) That picture had never fallen before. Well, this day, it fell. It made both my mom and I jump. We walk into the hallway where the picture fell and just stared at it for a moment. To us, we thought it was just a house shift. We didn't put two and two together. And I had forgotten about the calendar. So, I pick the picture up and hang it once more.

Not five minutes later, we heard another slight crash. We walked to the hall again and this time it was the picture of my brother, me, and my cousins. Now, this puzzled us. I looked at my mom and she was grinning. I asked her what she was grinning about. Chuckling, she said, "It's Dwight." Well, of course first hearing that, chills were sent down my spine. But that was just creepy to us. We picked up the picture and hung it and that's when I told her about my calendar. (Which, btw, when I came back to my room after hanging it back up, it had fallen again.)

But after the funeral, the pictures didn't fall anymore. My calendar has stayed in the exact same spot all this time. Was it Dwight? Did he come back to say, "Hey, I'm here. And I'm okay." Dwight was a very good friend to the family. It would make sense that he came to our house. But I don't know. Anyway, I thought that might be interesting to read.

No comments: