Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Driver's Ed again?

So, tonight was my night to go to driving school. Technically, it's called the Defensive Driving School. In short terms, it was Driver's Ed for adults. Or students really. Most were students, some were adults, and some were famous. But we'll get to the famous one in a little bit.

So, 5pm on the dot, I arrive at the Flowood Police Department. My mom is there to give me the check. Now, remember that I had just gotten back from the doctor. I couldn't take any Phenergan until I got home tonight. Luckily, the nausea subsided a little during the driving school but came back half way home. Luckily, I got home without getting sick and took a Phenergan. Now, I'm half way sleepy.

The school taught me a lot about the crazies out there. The funny part was I knew all of the things he taught me. Why? I took Driver's Ed in 10th grade. True, that was only five years ago but still. I don't remember most of it but it jogged my memory when he talked about it.

On a side note, Julie Straw (Reporter for WLBT) was there. I didn't know it was her at first. She took a seat behind me and the instructor called her name. I looked up only because I look up when anyone calls a name. When she turned around to come sit back down, that's when I realized who she was. I never said anything to her only because I knew she probably wasn't happy for being there. Much less, neither did anyone else in the room. But that was interesting to me.

The ticket is now off my record and as long as I keep doing the speed limit, I won't get another ticket to add on my record. According to the instructor, I passed with flying colors.

No comments: