Saturday, March 17, 2007

A very good lesson.

I did learn a very good lesson. So, as my less than happy blog below explains, my mother and I had a bit of a falling out. But the funny thing was, the fight ended just as fast as it began. I wrote her a letter, she read it, then sent one back to me. Though she and I were in the same house, we typed messages to each other as if we were in another state.

All teenagers hate this. Heck, I hate it and I'm in my twenties. There are two words that a teenager does NOT want to hear in sequence. Responsibility Speech. Am I right? Hey, I flat out FEAR that speech. My hit was a bit harder today. But through it all, the most important thing I learned was how to be patient. And independent. My brother is a very independent person. He became independent when he was 16. But why? It's simple and just as easily put by my mother. He's the oldest sibling. I'm the baby. The things that happen to me is because I'm the baby.

I thought my life came crashing down when my mother and I fought today. Let me tell you this, we have NEVER fought like that before. Like it was bad enough to make me cry in front of my mother. And I'm not a cryer. The other thing that set me off was the fact that she told me to shut up even when I tried to apologize. But her saying that made me think about why exactly I was in the boat that I was in.

This lesson kind of goes back to my blog about how crazy the weather is. It is like I said before. You can predict the weather all day long but you don't know for sure what the weather will actually do. I predicted my mother and I would have a great day together. And we did up until our last stop. It's like saying it'll be sunny the entire day and clear the entire night and a freak rain storm comes in and messes up the prediction that the Meteorologist said before. Our fight was the freak rain storm.

Our fight really opened up my thoughts. I'm 20, I'm lazy, I'm stupid, I'm ignorant. But at the same time, I'm creative, I'm smart, and I'm intuitive. My world is like a summer shower. Can't predict em! My mom had every right to be upset. I had every right to be upset. But I think we're stronger. At the end of the day, my mother is still my biggest fan. And I am her's also. That will never ever change no matter how much we fight.

No comments: