Thursday, March 1, 2007

Buddy the Ghost?

I had a parakeet. His name was Buddy. He died back in December due to an acute upper respiratory infection. Acute is nothing to us humans but to a little parakeet like Buddy, it's deadly. So, that was a couple or three months ago. My mom was devasted. Buddy was her bird. It was originally suppose to be my bird but Buddy took to Mom more. They were so cute. She'd get down to his level in his cage and press her lips to the bars of the cage and Buddy would fly over to the edge and peck her, as if to kiss her. It was so cute.

I think today, Buddy came to me. I was getting in the shower and I turned on my shower getting ready to take it when I heard this high pitched kind of whistle. And the whistle sounded so much like Buddy that I actually stopped what I was doing and listened. I had heard whistles before but not like this. This sounded so close to the way that Buddy would chirp it sent chills down my back. We watch WLBT every night. And at the 6pm report, Buddy would chirp loudly at the theme music. And that is what this sounded like.

My shower does make a whistle sound when I turn it on but it sounded like Buddy. It stopped soon after I got in the shower. Could it have been my shower? Or was it my mother's sweet parakeet saying, "Hey, I'm here! I'm okay, I promise. Love you, bye." I won't say any of this to my mother because she is really sensitive when it comes to Buddy. But could Buddy have come back to me to let my mother know? I don't know. I'll tell my dad about it but he won't believe me. How much do you wanna bet? Anyway, that was my fun of the day. I'm gone to the Florence High vs Terry High baseball game. GO DAWGS! I know that's horrible because I live in Florence yet I'm cheering for the Terry High team. How bad will my house be egged and rolled by tomorrow morning. Hmmm...

No comments: